Monday, December 31, 2007

Year one: Success!

One year ago today I started this blog as a vehicle for me to express opinions without sending friends a constant stream of emails. I've attempted to post at least once a day and for most months that worked out, though more recently I've slowed down a bit. Still, this will be my 379th entry, so I've succeeded over all.

I had just a handful of readers until East Boston's special election for state rep brought attention and hundreds of comments over the summer. The number of comments has slowed significantly since then, but I think the site still gets viewed by more people than I originally imagined, which is a good thing.

There are only hours remaining in 2007, as time rolls ceaselessly onward, never pausing to allow us to catch our collective breath. In these final moments of the current year let me offer wishes for a joy-filled 2008 to everyone, and let us end with the words of Scottish poet Robert Burns:

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Hubster!

Though we don't always agree with your positions and posts - you have created a pertinent local forum for so many of us.

Looking forward to another insightful and thought provoking new year!

Jim said...

Thanks for the kind wishes. I am flattered that anyone takes the time to check my blog, and I appreciate the comments.

Anonymous said...

There are many readers of this Blog. Have heard it discussed on the T. Keep up the great work

Anonymous said...

I am a new resident of East Boston and have really enjoyed learning a bit about my new neighborhood through your blog! Thanks for taking the time to write.

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is great. I check it out several times per week and thank you for taking the time to keep us all informed on what is happening in EB!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years Hubster! Even though I don't blog often I do like reading it. You have done an amazing job in keeping Eastie on the map! Don't stop 08 will be just as exciting.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I enjoy your blog and having finished my first year with a blog, I can sympathize with your sense of accomplishment.

http://www.georgemacumming.com/

George

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR JIMBO

Congrats on the one year of hard work.

When I found this blog ,I said ,now thats what Eastie needs more of.

I wish you,and your family the very best,and look forward to passing on to you,and your bloggers as much info on development projects in Eastie.

You are truly a class act.

God Bless !
Joseph J.Mason
President
The East Boston Land Use Council

"Esties Oldest Community Civic organization"

Jim said...

Thanks for all the kind words. It's nice to see that people are still reading from time to time. Best wishes to everyone in the new year.