Thursday, August 23, 2007

Candidate interviews

I interviewed Jeff Drago, one of the four Democratic contenders for East Boston's open House seat, today, and the transcript of that interview will be published on this blog as soon as I can finish typing it. (This may take a couple of days.) Drago talked about the issues in the race, as well as a pair of incidents that have been referred to in many comments at this site.

Each of the other candidates is extended the same offer: an interview of about 15 minutes with my digital recorder on and no conditions on the questions. I make no judgment about who takes part and who doesn't, and -- as I frequently point out -- I have never appointed myself as moderator or arbiter of this campaign. As has been the case with The Hubster Forum questions or the idea of a debate, I am happy to assist in a discussion of the issues in any way I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carlo looked well in his pic today, I must say! Can't believe the Globe is pretending that each candidate has the same chances of winning.

Anonymous said...

JEFF CAN'T WIN AND WON'T WIN!HE DOESN'T HAVE THE APPEARANCE OR CHARISMA TO BE A REP.