Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fueling station

Caffe Italia is the best place in East Boston for an espresso or cappuccino and a nice place to hang out with friends on weekend evenings, but it doesn't have the right atmosphere to have a hot beverage and to sit for a while and read. For that, I usually head to Somerville.

However, there is a little cafe that opened in Eastie, called Meridian 155. It's small and was closing too early when I went by there today, but I was assured that the hours will be extending soon, with the warmer weather. The bagels looked good, and there are some pastries as well. It's located, of course, at 155 Meridian Street, next to Walgreens.

While living in Portland, Maine, there was a place directly across the street from me called Youngo's Cafe. It was open for most of the time that I was there, and I stopped by often, for a latte or some soup. Unfortunately, Youngo's closed a few months before I left. it's tough for a small place to make it, but I wish Meridian 155 well.

No comments: