Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Same as it ever was

Within three days I ate pizza from two places that are considered the best in Boston. Well, OK...the Pizzeria Regina I ate at Sunday is in Medford, but the cheese pizza I had there was quite good. Then this evening I ordered Santarpio's to go and brought two pizzas to my mother's house (right across the street from the East Boston landmark). I ate most of a double garlic, my favorite from 'Tarp's. It was quite good as well.

As an Eastie guy, Santarpio's is and always will be my favorite pizza. These days the waitresses are often women, I don't know the guy making the pizza, the condiments are in actual condiment containers and the place even has a web site (though in Santarpio's typical decor, it is pretty blah), yet the pizza is still uniquely good. Some things never change.

No comments: